Here is a sample conversation that you can start having with your clients once you have completed the Discovery:
- SaaS usage is everywhere
- ShadowIT is bad and can compromise security
- Your company is using more SaaS that you know
- You are wasting money on duplicate Apps
- You have significant security risk due to SaaS shadow IT
- Don’t’ believe us, let us run a SaaS Audit (worth $250) and we will show you AND
- We will provide you immediate security recommendation for your Shadow IT usage and we will show you how to save money on SaaS.
Step 1: Ask you customer 3 questions (this part is up to you, or you can jump to Step 2 and start the scan along with another audit or on its own)
- What are your top 5 approved apps?
- Are there any apps that you don’t want your users using?
- What apps do you “suspect” are over-licensed and under-used?
Step 2: Run SaaS Audit
Step 3: Take the data and split it into the 3 categories above
- Who is using your top approved apps.
- What apps are being used that shouldn’t be.
- What is the usage status of the “suspect” applications.
Step 4: Meet with the client and review the data (and/or skip this step and move to Step 5)
*Step 5: This is the “selling/money” step. Provide recommendation and pitch the following:
- Let’s update/ create a set of Security Policies (samples Attached) PROJECT $
- Let’s Block risky apps by establishing policies – PROJECT $
- Let’s reduce or reallocate licenses. – PROJECT $
- Let’s monitor on a monthly basis for $1/Employee/Month (Recurring $) so that we, are you MSP, can ensure that we are continuously saving money and keeping you secure! Attached flysheet